Campus Tutoring Service Face-to-Face Tutoring
Summer 2013 Tutoring
This is a drop-in tutoring service. No appointment is necessary. Tutors are here to help you understand your learning process, assist you in understanding main course concepts and help you to organize your studies.
Tutors are not permitted to
- Complete your assignments
- Grade your assignments
- Proof-read papers
The goal of tutoring is to guide students to independent learning.
Free, face-to-face tutoring is offered most days on a walk-in basis at Zuhl Library in the south wing of the second floor. All our tutors are undergraduate students who have mastered the content areas in which they tutor.
Tutoring Hours for Summer 2013
|Sunday||2:00 - 8:00 pm||Chemistry Building, Room 110|
|Monday||2:00 - 9:00 pm||Zuhl Library, 2nd Floor (South Wing)|
|Tuesday||2:00 - 9:00 pm||Zuhl Library, 2nd Floor (South Wing)|
|Wednesday||2:00 - 9:00 pm||Zuhl Library, 2nd Floor (South Wing)|
|Thursday||2:00 - 6:00 pm||Zuhl Library, 2nd Floor (South Wing)|
|Friday||2:00 - 6:00 pm||Zuhl Library, 2nd Floor (South Wing)|
See the Face-to-Face Tutoring Schedule at the bottom of the page for a complete list of tutoring times and subjects. If you need tutoring for a course that is not listed, or for more information about tutoring, contact Lisa Kirby via email, or at 646-6050 or 646-1342.
What you can expect
- This is a drop-in tutoring service. You can expect at least 30 minutes of tutoring or more if no one is waiting and the tutor is available. In order to enhance the learning process, tutors can and will require breaks in the tutoring process if a session runs over 90 minutes.
- If you are being tutored and another student drops in for tutoring in the same subject, the tutor will ask you to allow the waiting student to join your session. If you do not wish to allow another student(s) to join, your session will extend for one more half hour. For instance, if you have spent at least 30 minutes with your tutor and the time is 3:15 when another student comes in, they can expect to wait until 3:45.
- Tutors are here to help you understand your learning process, assist you in understanding main course concepts and help you to organize your studies. Tutors are NOT permitted to: complete your assignments, grade your assignments or proof-read papers. The goal of tutoring is to guide students to independent learning.
What is expected of you
- Be sure to bring all the materials you need to receive tutoring (pen, texts, past tests/assignments).
- Be respectful of other people in the tutoring areas when you are waiting for service.
- Please do not be disruptive as there are other students working.
- No cell phone conversations are allowed in the tutoring areas.
- No food or drink (other than water in covered bottles) is allowed in the tutoring areas.
- Please do not enter any employee area.
To see more information about any tutoring session just click the tutor's name below.
- Student Success Center-Zuhl
- (575) 646-6050 | Fax: (575) 646-8082
- Zuhl Library, 2nd floor
- MSC 5278, PO Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003
- Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM—5:00 PM